After the diversion of the bathroom project, we got back to painting the house exterior. Hubby painted the blue and I painted the shutters.
The shutters close shut for hurricanes and the shorter shutters were made to close over the top of the window air conditioners.
Here's what it looked like before....
We still have 3 sets of brown shutters that we need to paint white on the
brick side of the house. It's tedious work, but it's coming along.
Sorry slug mama. The only reason all this work is getting done is because we
don't have jobs right now, nor can we find one. Hopefully that will change soon.
don't have jobs right now, nor can we find one. Hopefully that will change soon.
Good luck on your home projects!
Keeping busy while looking for jobs is definitely the way to go. The house is looking great!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I know it's not everyone's taste, but we like it and looking at the blue makes us happy. Hubby keeps saying, "It's so darn cute."
DeleteTime to ramp up your eBay...
ReplyDeleteI'm working on it Crystal!
DeleteGreat job! I like the darker color on the shutters--the white seems to make the house look aged while the brown gives the house a more modern look. Hope something come through for you soon on the job front!
ReplyDeleteA lot of houses here have a combination of brick and wood siding. Everybody seems to go with the brown/beige combination. We thought the brown just made the house disappear. Now it really stands out. Luckily, hubby's brother loves the blue (and he owns the house) so that's a good thing.
DeleteThanks for the luck on the home projects!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had let you practice on my house first while you were still in NEPA before moving to AL.
A win/win for both of us....lolz
The house is looking good! Your BIL should be overjoyed with what you have done around there.
I think I want our next place to be move in condition. We're finding out that we're too old for this DIY crap. I can't believe you're a southerner living in NEPA. I still read the bad news in the Times Leader online and it reminds me why I left. You should escape and come back down here slug mama!
DeleteWHICH bad news are you referring to in the TL?
ReplyDeleteSorry but I am thick sometimes. lol
My Hubs is from Joisey. We tried to settle in VA but he couldn't find a good paying job so we ended up in NJ and then PA.
I married a Yankee, what can I say? ;-)
The bad news about a certain murder trial being postponed yet again. Here's an old post I wrote but the story is still the same.
Deletehttp://clamco.blogspot.com/2011/09/remembering-tammy-fassett.html
That area is so full of corruption, crime and generally unhappy people, we just had to escape. We're originally from NY and lived in PA for 25 years. It never felt like it was our home, so as soon as our daughter graduated high school, we left skid marks. lol