Hubby has been on a roll with the old bathroom. I had started it when we first got here. I removed the wallpaper and I got the tub to look almost normal again by removing millions of sticky appliques and scraping off epoxy paint. We could have replaced the tub entirely, but we're trying to avoid that gigantic project and the expense.


What the bathroom desperately needed was ventilation. The window had been closed over because the new bathroom was built behind it. So hubby decided to check out the attic and see what was going on up there. It turned out to be okay with no issues, thank goodness! He found a roof fan that had been covered over with tar paper which, presumably, was done when they put on the new roof and added a ridge vent. Hubby decided to use that as the way to vent out the bathroom fan which would avoid having to cut a new hole in the roof. He was up there all day yesterday and his plan worked out perfectly.

Then he wired in the vent/light
making sure everything was

grounded.
We found this nice unit at Home Depot in the clearance section. It was $68 marked down from $99. It looks great!
I picked out a paint color that's similar in shade to the tile, but lighter. It's starting to look like it all makes sense now.
Today we will put in the floor, set the new toilet and put the vanity back in place. I still have work to do on the tub but in the meantime, it's clean and usable.
I can't wait to see it all finished!
What an improvement!
ReplyDeleteCan I hire y'all to come fix my bathroom? lol
Your poor hubby....I can imagine how bad being in that hot attic during the summer in AL was....
Wow the bathroom looks great--nearly brand new!
ReplyDelete