Thursday, July 25, 2013

Shutters: Done!

The shutters on the brick side of the house are done. It took 3 coats of white to cover the brown.


Here's what it looks like from the back of the house.

The soffit, fascia and gutters were all freshly painted and hubby has
plans to put a 10 x 10 ground level deck here in the front of the house
so we can sit and watch the world go by.



And here's a reminder of what it all looked like when we moved in last month.

9 comments:

  1. A bright and cheery cottage by the sea. So nice, you must have improved your relatives real estate value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hopefully so. We've spent about $1500 on supplies so far (paint, window shades, flooring, gravel, a new toilet, fixtures, etc. We've at least kept it from going down in value anyway.

      Delete
  2. Brown? Did I say I like brown shutters? LOL I have NO color sense (an artist friend of mine took a look at my bedroom after I put in burgundy carpet, painted the walls pink, and hung red curtains...all he said was "dios mio"). Your cottage is looking better by the day--Im sure the owner is thrilled with all of the improvements you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized why I think the blue looks so much better than the pink--because it's a complimentary color to the brick, whereas the pink so clashed with it.

    Is Hubs planning on a raised wood decking or more of a stone patio thing out front? I'm thinking if you can match the brick on the house, a brick patio....in a herringbone pattern if he wants to get complicated. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, blue and orange are opposite on the color wheel so they're supposed to be complimentary. As for the deck, a pavers or brick patio would be nice, but hubby is thinking raised deck (just above ground level with no railing) because it's cleaner. Then we can plant some ornamental grass or something like that around the edge of it. We can put a solid color stain on it to compliment the house. That Trex stuff would be nice too if we could afford it.
      So, how are things back in PA?

      Delete
    2. PA is still here....unfortunately. lol
      It's been GREAT weather.....sunny skies, low humidity and temps in the 80's, lows in the '60's last few nights.
      Not like that can make you jealous or anything.

      Delete
    3. Actually it does sound nice. The humidity level here is so high that sometimes it smells like a fishtank outside. I do miss the Garden Drive-In flea market in W Nanticoke and the Circle Drive-in flea market in Scranton. Good times. We went to a big flea market in Pensacola and it wasn't in the best area. No good finds either, but it was fun to say that we went to Florida. Ha!

      Delete
    4. Too bad we didn't know each other when I lived in PA slugmama. :(

      Delete
    5. I know. I started reading your blog about a year ago, but didn't get the time or "umph" to comment until you were leaving town....silly me. I'm down in Mountain Top outside W-B. I sold toiletries a few times at the Garden Drive-In. The Hubs works over by Montage Mtn.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!