Sunday, June 30, 2013

The tub and laundry room.

I got a little farther on the tub the other day.
Here's what the top of the side looked like.
It had been painted after the flower stickies were applied, so after I removed them, the outline was left.


I managed to get all that paint off. Some of the tub still has a glaze on it so the paint comes off easier. I'm making progress. I actually used this tub twice already to take a shower. I like it better than the shower stall in the new bathroom. It's much easier to shave my legs.









Meanwhile, hubby got the other side of the laundry room done.


Here's how it looked before...

The other side has a tall metal rack for storing all our cleaning products, emergency supplies and a cube fridge for bottled drinks. The shorter rack holds the laundry basket on the bottom and the top shelf is for folding clothes.


Here's what it looked like before....





There was carpet on the floor but hubby ripped that up. There's vinyl tile underneath which we like better, even though it's old. At least we know it's clean.


I finished it all off with our tacky tropical painting. We were going to add a
wall cabinet, but I don't need one right now. I do need a rod or hooks to hang up things
but that's an easy addition.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, carpet in laundry, bathroom and dining rooms are terrible. Much better with the lino. We have carpet in the dining room which hopefully we will changeout to tile/hardwood in a year or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carpet in bathrooms is just wrong...kitchens too. ick!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!