Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Settling in.

Well, we're finally getting settled in. We've been working to the point of exhaustion every day, but we got so much done and we're almost completely unpacked. Here are some photos of a couple rooms.

This is what we call the sun room. Here's what it used to look like.
This is how it looks now.
We put the TV on the opposite wall between the bookcases.
It's a really comfortable room.
This is Megan's room before.
And after. We bought this floating wall desk on Amazon.
It's really awesome and her computer monitor fits inside perfectly.

This is another view (before).

Megan managed to use every square inch of her room.
It's really quite cozy. She's now surrounded by all her
favorite things.
And after. 






Maya is enjoying the bookshelf.
So that's a little tour. I'm still working on the dining room and living room. Hubby is working on finishing the laundry room and pantry. We still have a lot to do. There's a bathroom that needs a total makeover and a third bedroom that has walls that need attention. The property and exterior of the house need lots of work too. We'll be busy for a long time!


4 comments:

  1. Love the shades in the sun room. They make it look so neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We looked and looked to find something that would fit all three windows. A lot of sun comes in late in the day so we had to get these shades with the liner (also for privacy). They weren't cheap but I think they look great too. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Wow, these rooms look great! Isn't it funny when you downsize things just seem to work out and you still get to have all those "things" that make you happy? You just weeded out the "things" that really didn't mean anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, everything fit and fit well. I love living on one level! It's great! The only thing that's an issue is that the house is on a concrete slab and my feet are killing me at the end of the day. I love the bare floors, but I think I need to get some area rugs.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!