Friday, December 6, 2013

When is a door not a door?

Backstory, here goes. Megan did this awesome artwork and had it printed into a 24" x 36"poster. It arrived today and we hurried off to Wally World to buy a frame. But where to hang it? The walls in her room were already covered with art and posters, so we did some thinking. The only bare spot of wall was behind her door.







We decided that since she never closes her door, why not take it off? When I mentioned the idea of a beaded curtain she got positively giddy. So we took the door off and hung the poster along with some other anime art she purchased from an artist at a convention.

Her tiny room looks so much more spacious now.







She's loving it!












So, when is a door not a door? Why, when it's off the hinges, that's when.


I don't have a problem with that.


Off to order a beaded curtain.......


7 comments:

  1. Cool! We've done that before. My old office seemed claustrophobic with the door on so off went the door and on went a beaded curtain (we found a cheapish one in Chinatown). Made a world of difference!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a great idea, especially since she never uses the door. She gets dressed in the bathroom.

      Delete
  2. Love her room setup. That hanging desk really worked out well. We took off our kids' closet doors this past summer. They have regular window curtains to cover the closets... they are 11 & 8 so I don't quite trust them with beaded curtains just yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so talented. I love her work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!