Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The plumbing job is done!

After the tile set 24 hours, hubby grouted the whole area which then had to set another 24 hours. We called the plumber on Friday to tell him we were ready to have the fixtures installed but he said he couldn't come until Monday morning.





I called him early Monday morning and he said he'd be over around 10am. Well, he never showed up. Hubby called him at the end of the day and he claimed to not remember talking to me at all, but apologized and said he'd be over the next morning.



The two younger assistants showed up and installed the new fixtures yesterday. Now the plumbing is all up to date!















After they left, we put in this adhesive backed mat that I had purchased a while back. It went in pretty easily and hopefully it will last a long while.


And here is a look back at how the tub looked when we moved in back in June.
















We've come a long way baby. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Huge improvement and your tilework looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings back memories of when hubby and I would flip houses. Wish I could still do it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flipping houses sounds like fun, but it's a lot of work. I don't think I could do it at my age.

      Delete
  3. Wow such an improvement. Can you come do my bathroom next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an ugly duckling tub! lol
    Looking and WORKING great now tho.... 8-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not quite a swan, but it works! It's my personal bathroom. The other bathroom has a stand up corner shower and I hate it!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!