Friday, March 21, 2014

Let's go for a walk along the bay.

I thought you might like to join me on a walk along Mobile Bay. First we're going to go down this dirt road. On the right is a tall wooden fence with an opening....





On the other side of the fence is this lovely little beach and pier. It's private property but
there is a right of way that allows people to walk on a path between the homes that are on the bay and the beach.


Here's the path
and some pretty flowers along a fence



Trees hang over the walkway inviting us to pass under them.
Some are dripping with Spanish moss.





















The local inhabitants are out to greet us.












How lovely to have a home facing the bay. Just look at this pretty garden setting.













The trees in the south are just awesome.













And this home looks like something out of the Great Gatsby. Or remember the Grand Hotel in the movie Somewhere in Time? This reminds me of a smaller version of that place. It's really gorgeous. Cricket anyone?












But I'm a simple girl and prefer to hang out in a spot like this...



or this......

Or this....

The path eventually ends at the property of the Marriott Grand Hotel at Point Clear.
We walked out onto the pier and were greeted by this interesting fellow.
It's really beautiful here. A great place for a peaceful vacation or to retire.

I hope you enjoyed our little walk. Thanks for joining me!
For a better view, click on any picture and you should get a larger and clearer version.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a pretty place. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. This scenery is why we moved here. It's something we can enjoy for free at anytime.

      Delete
  2. Wow what a great place to walk! Definitely a relaxing place to walk and hang out! (And I would LOVE to have a big old house like the ones in your pictures...beautiful!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't want the expense or effort of having to maintain them. I'd love to visit though!

      Delete
  3. Great great photos Lorraine, I love the one with the tree limbs over the fence with the house in the distance~you should blow it up and sell prints, I bet you could sell tons at one of the festivals! Seriously! Thank you, I really enjoyed the walk :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jenna. You must do the walk next time you're in town. I'd be happy to accompany you. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!