Hubby and I like to take long walks around town to get a close up look and feel of the area. It's better than driving because there's a lot of things you miss when you're in a car. This morning we stumbled upon a tiny stretch of land between some houses in a quiet little neighborhood that overlooks Mobile Bay. It had public park signage on it that read "No parking in park." Huh? This is a park? Looking inward we saw another sign..... and a stairway! "Come hither!", it cried!
Whaddyaknow. It was a public beach access. A very private kind of public beach access.
The steps went down....
and down...
Finally we made it to the bottom. Hubby was on point
checking for alligators.
It was spooky but neat at the same time.
Then we saw a break up ahead.
Then we saw a break up ahead.
It was the bay!
Check out this little piece of paradise!
Where's my Corona?
Oh to be a one percenter and have a house here.
Ah, but alas, no. We must return from whence we came. Sigh.
It was the best walk adventure so far! I wonder if Leslie Ann











How very cool! A new little private beach to sneak off too. I am not so sure about the alligators though...
ReplyDeleteOh wow.....I love the private paradise!!! I will have to explore when I visit the beach this year..I may find a gem like you did...thanks for sharing...:)
ReplyDeleteI love finding secret public spaces like this. Good exploring! Imagine the property taxes on those waterfront houses. Or the heating bill during a polar vortex.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure why I thought you were in Florida, but it is definitely time for me to take out the map and get to know your corner of the woods a bit better. Linda has an archeologist friend (Bill the Bone Man) in your area.
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures - what a beach. Alligators? Gulp.
We found it after buying a house on Grand Avenue! I love this little place but going up those stairs is a killer! But it is still worth it. I found out about you through reading Fairhope Supply Co blog. I joined up today. Great blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rebecca! Leslie Anne tells me there really ARE alligators around that beach area! Yikes!!!!!!!
Delete