Someone at the dog park alerted us to a beach where we could take Zoey. It's called Steadman's Landing and we found it today. It's a public park in Montrose which is a small town between Fairhope and Daphne. I took a bunch of pictures with my phone. They're not the best, but you can get a basic idea of what it was like.
 |
| Stairway/walkway leading to the bay. |
 |
Looking back to where we just came from. I half expected a
T-Rex to come out of those woods. |
 |
| Almost there. |
 |
| Mobile Bay. |
 |
It was low tide and quite deserted. It kind of felt a little
post apocalyptic, I have to say. |
 |
| Zoey had lots of things to smell, including some dead fish. |
We found a nice piece of driftwood and hubby carried it all the way back even though it was big and heavy. What a trooper! We'll have to go back again when it's high tide.
Linking up with
Kim at Cozinest
Is it to replace the ones Zoey chewed up or as a new chew toy :) ?
ReplyDeleteOh no. The piece we got is too big for Zoey to steal from the garden. We stood it up on its end and it looks like a piece of sculpture.
DeleteI love Steadman's Landing! It is always so peaceful there, and its a great place to look for driftwood.
ReplyDeletePeace,
Debbie @ Flower Child Designs
We found a great piece. It was big and heavy but hubby carried it all the way back to the car despite the horrendous heat and humidity. It's in the front garden now. We love it!
DeleteI never realized that there was a beach over there in Montrose, at least not a public-access one. It is a beautiful area, and seems an idyllic place to live. I thought the waterfront was probably all private. I will have to check this out next time we get down there.
ReplyDeleteI found about the location from someone at the dog park. We wanted to be able to walk our dog on the beach and apparently there are no restrictions at Steadman's Landing which is great for our puppy.
DeleteWe'll be checking this out post haste! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIt's easy to find. I've driven past that way like 1000 times.
DeleteYou can also take dogs to Fort Morgan Beach. The best access is turn right on Fort Morgan Road and go a long way til you see Veterans Way on your left. Go to dead end and you are there.
ReplyDeleteThe long and endless journey to Fort Morgan? No thanks. We went there once and don't plan to return. The beach was littered with trash and glass was everywhere when we went. And the fort is way too creepy for me. Way too creepy!
DeleteWow. What a cool place. I've never heard of this place. You'll have to tell me another time how to get there. I'm super interested in the recluse-ness of it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete