Sunday, August 18, 2013

Some random photos

We haven't tackled any home improvements lately, but here's a look at some random
photos I took to fill up some blog space in the meantime.
Taken with my camera phone from inside the car as we were leaving Mobile on our
exploratory trip to the city to find the location of the flea market. We haven't been back yet.
View from the park overlooking the municipal pier during an early
morning walkie with Coco.
There are sculptures all over Fairhope. This one is my favorite.
It's on the bluffs overlooking the bay. Very cool.

This vine grows on everything everywhere. It's freaky.
Maya and Megan are inseparable, even at dinner time. They are
both about the same age.
The Baby loves to hide under blankets during the day. She looks
like a turtle in this picture.
Speaking of turtles, this little guy was in our driveway. Good thing
we saw him before backing out. We relocated him to the grass.
Remember the talking trees in the Wizard of Oz? There are lots of unusual
things here like giant pine cones and strange flowers I've never seen. I'm trying to
remember to take pictures of them whenever I go out.

4 comments:

  1. Love the header. Wow, you have wild turtles in your yard! So neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Megan make the header since I have no clue how to use Photoshop. When I saw that turtle I was so excited. Our neighbor has a pond so I guess that's where he came from. There are bullfrogs in there too and they sound like barking dogs. I imagine that they're huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vine is called kudzu. It's a highly invasive species, it grows all over the south. I love how beautiful and green it is, but I feel guilty for liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bane of the South, Kudzu. It's horrific. They just need to start harvesting it and finding a way to start making products with it that is cost effective. When that happens it will be a great day for the South. It grows on everything and quickly and if not combatted it will kill native species of plant life(by just swallowing it up so it can't get sunlight to perform photosynthesis). It also grows on structures like Ivy on Steroids.
    The problem is that in the South it doesn't get cold enough to kill it off(or cause dieback)over the Winter to control it somewhat, like in more Northern climes.

    I took some photos last week of raging cases of Kudzu in KY, TN & VA.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!